Clinical Nurse Manager Job Description
Facilitates and manages ongoing clinical operations, including quality, service, and some human resources processes. Supports and ensures that comprehensive patient care services are provided that support the integrity of the practice and patient care. Proactively supports efforts that ensure delivery of safe patient care and services and promote a safe environment. Provides physicians and clinical team support to include patient care, education, laboratory and other testing requirements both in office and via telephone. Provide assistance in other office areas as assigned to ensure coverage and excellent customer service.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Georgia licensed Registered Nurse
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- 3 years of experience in management/administration
- Advanced education in business, management, or related field
- Experience in management in a healthcare setting
- Must be United States citizen and be proficient in spoken and written English. Ability to listen well is a must.
- Ability to pass drug screen, including random screening if requested either before or after hire and pass a criminal background check.
- Must be flexible regarding scheduling as evenings and weekends will be required. Weekday availability should range from 7:30AM-6:15 PM
Knowledge Skills & Abilities*
- Must possess excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Team leadership
- Conflict resolution
- Outstanding Communication
- Staff development
- Time management
- Physicians relations
- Act as a clinical resource for the patient population and staff.
- Maintains the ability to assist with clinical care.
- Answer telephones. Provide nurse advice, as directed by a physician, including required documentation for call utilizing Barton-Schmidt Protocol. The ability to triage for appropriate medical care. Ability to relay messages and refill requests in a clear, concise and timely manner.
- Escorting patients to rooms; prepare the patient for examinations.
- Ability to receive, triage patients in the office for appropriate medical care. Ability to obtain and chart patient data in chart appropriately and accurately including complaints, allergy information, height, weight, head circumference and vital signs.
- Assist as needed with sick or well visits, procedures, school, camp or sports physicals, and paperwork or forms for the visit.
- Ability to perform nebulizer treatments, hearing and vision exams.
- Administration and documentation of vaccines or therapeutic injections, including chart documentation and entering vaccine information into GRITS system.
- Ability to enter, retrieve and print 3231 and 3300 form information for patients as needed.
- Ability to obtain and process laboratory specimens. The collection, processing, and documentation of urine for urinalysis/urine cultures. The collection, processing, and documentation of strep screens and throat cultures, rapid flu testing, rapid mono testing and RSV screens. The collection, processing, and documentation of hemoglobin and PKU specimens.
- Provides instruction to patient/parent as directed by a physician, including appropriate documentation.
- Responds to emergencies according to organizational policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned or needed.
Professional Development Behaviors
- Fosters collegial relationships between team members, other departments, medical staff, and physicians.
- Fosters professional development of others via constructive performance appraisals and professional development plans.
- Attends educational opportunities of minimum 18 hours job-related per year.
- Establishes departmental goals and leads the team to achieve them.
- Manages staffing effectiveness.
- Make rounds proactively throughout the practice to identify and react to escalating concerns of potential or actual conflict, seeking resolution and incorporating service recovery.
- Develops and maintains relationships with leaders in other departments to ensure appropriate resources are accessible for clinical team.
- Executes implementation plans for the practice.
- Engages other team leaders to achieve goals and projects.
- Focuses time and attention on retention activities.
- Coaches staff to improve performance.
- Educates clinical team.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Provides oversight for development of quality measures and quality controls.
- Allocates resources to work toward care standardization and performance improvement.
Practice proper safety techniques in accordance with the practice policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the practice administrator.
Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to the area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within the area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Practice Administrator.
- Ability to lift up to 15 lbs independently
- Hearing/Speaking – Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.
Definite potential for exposure to blood and body fluids.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $60,000.00 /yearEmail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org