National network of oncology practices that delivers high-quality, high-touch care to help cancer patients achieve more breakthroughs and more victories in their fight against cancer with more than 150 sites of service throughout Texas, Over 350 physicians dedicated to serving their patients seeking RN for enlisting, maintaining, and assuring protocol compliance for all patients on clinical trails. Collaborates with physician in determining eligibility of patients for clinical trials. Will provide education to staff. RN CRC must be willing to travel, as needed.
- Screen potential patients for protocol eligibility.
- Present trail concepts and details to the patients, participate in the informed consent process.
- Coordinate patient care in compliance with protocol requirements.
- In collaboration with the physician, will review patients for changes in condition, adverse events, concomitant medication use, protocol compliance, response to study drug, and thoroughly document all findings.
- Responsible for accurate and timely data collection, documentation, entry and reporting. Schedules and participates in monitoring and auditing activities.
- Maintains regulatory documents in accordance with USOR SOP and applicable regulations.
- Participates in required training and education programs. Responsible for education of clinic staff regarding clinical research.
- May collaborate with Research Site Leader in the study selection process.
- Additional responsibilities may include working directly with other (non-USOR) research bases and/or sponsors.
- Identifies quality and performance improvement opportunities and collaborates with staff in the development of action plans to improve quality.
- Responsible for compiling and reporting protocol activity, accrual data, and research financial information to practice administration and physicians. May be responsible for the development of practice research budgets.
- May oversee the preparation of orders by physicians to assure that protocol compliance is maintained. Communicates with physician regarding study requirements, need for dose modification, and adverse event reporting.
- May supervise or manage other research staff (clinical research coordinators and/or data coordinators).
- Provides a safe environment for patients, families, and clinical staff at all times through compliance with all federal, state, and professional regulatory standards as issued through OSHA and the CDC.
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality according to HIPPA regulations and applicable law.
- Graduate from an accredited program fro nursing education (BSN preferred).
- Must have 5-7 years nursing experience; preferably in oncology for RN-CRC Sr or must have 3 years nursing experience; preferably in oncology for RN-CRC II.
- Experience in clinical research strongly preferred.
- Current licensure as a registered nurse in state of Texas.
- Current BLCS or ACLS certification is required.
- OCN, SoCRA or ACRP certification is preferred.