POSITION TITLE: Director of Cardiovascular Services/Cath Lab
POSITION LOCATION: Tucson, AZ
This role promotes a positive teamwork environment which emphasizes respect to all customers, including patients, families, physicians, staff and other departments. The Director will supervise the daily operation of the department in addition to being involved in employee counseling, feedback, and performance evaluations and maintaining overall improvement in the department. Selected candidate will also assist in the development of a structural heart program.
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in Diagnostic and Therapeutic Angiographic and Electrophysiologic procedures
- Selects and operates all equipment. Is directly responsible for the maintenance of all EP equipment and supplies.
- Assists physicians in administering opaque contrast media and/or radio frequency energy.
- Administers first aid as required and assists the circulator nurse and physician in emergency situations. Properly acquires fluoroscopic images consistent with the procedure being completed.
- Assists in the development, review and completion of EP policies, procedures, competencies and quality improvement for the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory.
- Maintains adequate records as directed and is responsible for completion of documentation of all pertinent information regarding the procedure.
- Performs basic EP equipment function checks, verifies adequate EP supply volume, and is responsible for providing and maintaining a neat and clean work environment.
- Trains all Cardiac Cath Lab staff in the technical performance of Electrophysiologic procedures.
- Cooperates with all personnel in the proper conduct of the Department and maintains a professional relationship with patients, families, co-workers, vendors, and physicians.
Required: Ten (10) years of progressive broad management experience required in assigned service line areas, or related clinical programs and product development roles, to include experience with developing strategies for business development.. Knowledge of hybrid cardiac programs necessary. Extensive Cath Lab experience required. Must be able to work with and communicate effectively with all levels of management, business partners, and the general public.